Aquinas Academy of Pittsburgh is seeking candidates for the following positions for the 2019-2020 school year. Applicants must have all required clearances.
- Upper Elementary Teacher
- Class is homeroom based. Subjects taught include Reading, English, Spelling, Math, History, and Religion. Applicant must be a practicing Catholic.
- Mid-level Math and Science Teacher (Grades 7 and 8)
- Full-time or part-time mid-level Math and Science teacher for 7th grade Life Science and 8th grade Algebra I. Practicing Catholic preferred.
- Middle School Latin Teacher
- Part-time position that could be combined with other teaching or administrative positions. Practicing Catholic preferred.
- Classroom Assistant (Grade 1)
- Full-time classroom assistant for First Grade, with time shared between two classrooms. Practicing Catholic preferred.
- Preschool Assistant
- Part-time preschool assistant for Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Practicing Catholic preferred.
- Academic Support
- Part-time Academic Support position. Background in instructional support preferred. Practicing Catholic preferred.
- Assistant Athletic Director and Student Activities Director
- Athletic administration, and coordination of school-day special events and field trips. Position will include some teaching responsibilities. Applicant must be a practicing Catholic.
- College Counselor
- Guide and facilitate the college admissions process, working with both parents and students. The Counselor will represent the Academy in the college admission process and develop relationships with college admissions officers in the process. Some teaching is also preferred. Candidate must be a practicing Catholic.
- Administrative Assistant
- Full-time or flexible part-time position in the main office. Personable in working with parents, students, and teachers. Candidate must be skilled with Excel and Word as well as Google Calendars. Will have opportunity to learn Senior Systems — the Academy’s student information system.
Applicants should email a letter and resume to Leslie Mitros, Head of School.