Aquinas Academy and Catholic Youth Ministry 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament
Saturday, March 23
Boys compete 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Girls compete 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Rhodora J. Donahue Building gymnasiumDownload Registration Form
Deadline to register is March 11. Space is limited.
Open to all 7th and 8th grade students who are members of a Catholic parish or school.
- 7:30 a.m. – 7:50 a.m.Check-in
- 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.Boys competition
- 12:30 p.m. – 12:50 p.m.Check-in
- 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.mGirls competition
- Each team will have 3 or 4 Players per team.
- Each team will play a minimum of three 10-minute half-court games with short overtime if tied at end of regulation.
- The top four teams will advance to the Championship rounds. Championship rounds games might be longer if time permits and played on glass backboards.
- Trophies will be awarded to Champion and Runner-Up teams.
- Tournament t-shirt and “goody bag” will be given to all participants.
- Entry fee is $20 per team.
- Final deadline for entries is Friday, March 11.
- Download Registration Form
- There will be a brief motivational talk and CYM presentation after 1st round.
- Concessions will be available.
Rules for Basketball GamesTournament officials will enforce the following rules, which may be modified as needed:
- 3-on-3 half-court games.
- Up to four games at once in the gym.
- Extra player can sub in when ball is out of bounds, fouls, or time-outs.
- Each team can call one 30-second timeout per game.
- Games are 10 minutes long.
- The referee will keep the official time during the game.
- Made shots inside the arc will be two points, outside the arc will be three points.
- Made two point shot with a foul is scored as three points. Made three point shot with foul is scored as four points. A missed shot with a foul is one point and possession.
- If teams are tied at the end of regulation, there will be a two minute overtime period.
- Visiting team wears pinnies and gets the ball first at the beginning of the game.
- Home team gets the first possession in case of a called “jump ball.” Possession “arrow” then alternates for the remainder of the game.
- If teams are still tied after a two minute overtime, then the team with possession at end of two minutes gets the ball and play continues with first score winning.
- Ball must be taken beyond arc for all change of possession.
- Alternate possessions (not “make it take it”).
- Top four teams will play in the championship rounds. First ranked team will play fourth ranked team. Second ranked team will play third ranked team. Winners will face off for the championship game.
- Rankings will be based on record after first three rounds. Tie breakers will be determined in the following order:
- Most points scored cumulative in first three rounds (regulation).
- Least points allowed cumulative in first three rounds (regulation).
To register your team, return the Registration Form and payment by March 11.